This past weekend, we drove down to San Jose to watch Greg get sworn in. It was such a proud moment for all of us. I could tell Greg was very grateful we were there. I can't explain how happy I am for him. It definitely took me a long time to agree with joining the Coast Guard but with many months of thought, I could not be more proud and excited. We are going to learn so much by being a part of the military. I feel like if we had decided not to do this, we would be in Petaluma forever and, as much as I love this town and probably could live here forever, I may be regretful. I am currently reading a book, given to me by my wonderful father-in-law, called 1001 Things to Love About Military Life. The very first thing starts off by saying you have "the opportunity to learn new skills and gain experience that will change your life." This is what I hope to get out of the military life; knowledge and experience...and plenty of memories!
Swearing In! :)
Family <3
Greg is looking a little pale in this photo (below). He hadn't really eaten much because he wanted to make sure he was under the max weight for his height. For those who were wondering, he was 3lbs under! Woo! Guess the week before dieting and being sick helped!
We stayed at the Wyndham Hotel for 2 days while in San Jose. It's the hotel all military in the area stay before they get shipped to boot camp. They actually have a special room for them with flat screen TV's, video games, computers, leather recliners, etc. As Greg said, probably the nicest room in the hotel!
Noah LOVED the elevator so I thought I would share a video.
Hope you all enjoy the new blog. As of now, I will do my best to keep you up to date with Boot Camp and how Greg is doing. I probably won't speak to him on the phone until the 5th week (beginning of March) when we find out where we will be living (eek!), but we can write letters so I will update you that way :)
I love the new blog and I'm so grateful that you are doing this! I am thinking of starting a blog too...it does help when away from home. Love you, Greg, and Noah and so excited for this new adventure!
ReplyDelete