Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Graduation

Last Friday, Greg and I had the honor of going to the Chief Petty Officer Graduation. It was a semi-formal event at the Doubletree in Rohnert Park. Greg was 1 of 6 (I think) students in the school to be invited to the event. He was the only one from OS School which is HUGE. I could not be more proud of him! He's very modest, so I'm just going to say that this is kind of a big deal ;) Everyday he comes home and tells me about his day and I can just tell that he is already good at what he does. I think this job is perfect for him and he is enjoying it. This invitation was well deserved. I'm glad his instructors and advisers can see how smart and talented he is as much as I can!
As for the event, we received great advice from a few of the chiefs that we sat with at dinner. The speeches were very motivating and informative. As much as we felt a little out of place, it was well worth going to and a great experience. Not to mention, the food was delicious! And a nice little date night. Noah stayed with my mother-in-law and father-in-law for the night.





No comments:

Post a Comment