Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Trip across America has begun!!!

Hello everyone! I can't believe after 3 years I have decided to start up the blog again! I am super excited to document our move across the country!! Can you believe it!? If only I had blogged our time in Key West, because honestly, it has been the most amazing experience yet! The friends we have made almost seems to be impossible to even try to make in our future. I hope I'm wrong because we are always up for a challenge and that means moving to new places and making more friends. The  struggles (as most Of you have seen in the past week via Facebook) have been super tough. I honestly never thought I would meet such wonderful people!! It's been 2 days and I miss my friends already!

So here we are, currently camped at Blue Springs State Park in Orange City, FL! This place is beautiful!!!! I love the campsite! It is spacious and very private. My aunt is with us which we are all THRILLED about! I'm not going to come out and say camping is the best and how I could live doing this, but I'm definitely learning the ropes and adjusting to what fits for us. Our marriage and patience are challenged everyday I'll tell you that! But geez I'm so grateful for my husband who is willing to talk it out and work on what is best for us.

Anyways!!! Moving on! We left yesterday around 8am and got to my Aunt's house in Lake Mary, FL around 6:15pm. It was definitely a loooong drive! Having a trailer, it took us 10 hours instead of 8 lol. But we did stop for lunch and a couple potty breaks. I swear our kids can hold their potty as long as they can! Pretty funny. BUT, when we are in a restaurant for an hour, they go at least 2 times! Lol. I'm not complaining! I'd rather not stop in the car a dozen times!

Kamryn, oh our little Kamryn. She has definitely had the hardest time with this move from day 1. Our poor girl was sick with a fever, and what happens with a fever? She throws up. So that was day1!  since day 1, we have seen a change in our poor little Kam. Change is just not her thing and Greg and definitely have realized that. We are trying our best with patience but when she says she wants to go home, it's heartbreaking. We know it will get better though, so we will hang tight while she whips through this roller coaster ride! She's definitely not miserable all the time, I promise. That beautiful smile she has breaks through here and there!

After getting all set up with the camper, we headed down to the Springs. By the time we got there, thunder and lightening was in full effect. But it didn't stop our little cuties from having some fun in the rain! Once it passed, we went up a little further where people put their tubes in the Spring and float down. There weren't too many people, so Kam, Noah, and Greg jumped on in to the 72* water. Brrrr! They all were chilly but they did it!!! Proud of them! I'll do it tomorrow morning lol.

Tonight, the bugs were all about us but nothing worse than Key West! It's been sticky here but not unbearable. Our first dinner consisted of marinated chicken, rice, grilled corn on the cob! So delicious. Noah also roasted marshmallows.

Have I Mentioned Noah is on cloud 9! He was meant to be a camper! Happiest kid on earth!!! Driving has been great with him and now camping. All he wants is to help Greg on anything he needs. It's awesome to watch your son look up his dad in such a beautiful way, life is good.

Well BOO my photos aren't working to what I want! Glad most of you are on fb so you can keep up if you want! We have been all about th GoPro so we can't wait to show you that!!

Well Cheers to more Busick Adventures!! We are stoked!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay the blog!!!!! So excited to read about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete