Today was the first day of school! The kids could not wait to get to school! Not one argument this morning of getting dressed or brushing our teeth! Woo! They ate breakfast and they asked every 5 minutes when they could go to school.
Noah starts school around 7:45am. We got there and his teacher was super sweet. She told us to go down to the cafeteria and eat breakfast. The line was super long and it was almost 7:45, so we headed back. We got to see the gym and explore the hallways a bit so it all worked out! He went right in without a problem, straight to the computer actually. He is so use to playing on the computer at his preschool, he thought he could in this class. Unfortunately it was his teacher's computer, but fortunately they have a computer lab that they are going to tomorrow which he was pretty excited about!
Moving on! There was a little boy who came into class who seemed a little unsure about going to school. He was pretty sad and you could tell he wanted to go home. I mentioned to Noah that this little boy was sad and it would be so nice to introduce himself. Without a wink, he pops up from coloring and says "oh! sure!". It was the sweetest thing and I could not be more proud of him!
We didn't stay very long, we said our goodbyes and he happily gave me a hug and kiss, told Kam to have fun at school and to draw him a picture.
When I came back to pick him up, Noah was in tears! Of course, my head is spinning thinking was someone mean? Did he do something wrong? Did he hate today? NOPE. He was crying because he couldn't take the bus home lol!! Poor kid. I tried to tell him he gets to take the bus on field trips but it didn't matter. SO tomorrow he gets to ride his bike to school and mommy gets to run. Hope it's not too windy!! ;)
Kamryn goes to school at 9am, so we went back home and hung out for a little bit. Once we got to school, Kamryn was very excited. She was her shy little self but she went right in without a problem. She hung her backpack and jacket, washed her hands, and went off to playing. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself! She didn't need me! She had this in the bag! So I gave her a kiss goodbye and told her I would come get her in a few hours and she whispered, "okay mama". I'm so grateful she has one of our neighbors in her class. She is a little older but Kamryn absolutely loves her so it was good start.
When I came back to pick her up, she was playing outside with all smiles!! The fact that she was playing with someone else made me happy. When I spoke with her teacher (Cathy), she quickly mentioned that Kamryn was very shy but heard her giggly with her new friend a couple times. That is where Cathy realized that Kamryn has that famous "stink eye". Ha. I reassured her that Kamryn was having fun, the "stink eye" was probably because she caught her attention. So funny.
It was a good day for Kam though, she just takes a while to warm up. I don't blame her! She is the youngest in her class at 3.5. The class goes up to 5 year olds.
So happy my kiddos had such a great day! I am so proud of both of them! Tomorrow, Kam is going to start gymnastics and Noah starts soccer! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment