Hello Busick Adventure World! I know this blog is hit or miss but I just couldn't help myself and needed to add in our new addition due July 23rd!! We are SUPER excited to meet our baby boy! This pregnancy is going extremely fast!
We told the kids around Christmas time and they were SO excited! Greg and I did a little dance to their favorite youtube song! I am not kidding, they have listened to this song since last summer and it looks like it's all coming true! The song is called Mommy's Got a Baby in Her Belly .
Our 20 Week Ultrasound CONFIRMING it's a BOY! The morning I found out I was pregnant (November 26th to be exact), I told Greg, "I'm pregnant and it's a boy". HA I wouldn't say I have the best instincts, but this one...I just knew.
28 Weeks!
Total Weight Gain: 15lbs
Names: Well a lot of you know that Greg just LOVES the name "Hank". But this Mama is just not a fan. So we asked the kids what they wanted and they came up with "Hank Frank Bootyshake", so we are sticking to that until we officially have a name. So the answer is NO we do not have a name quite yet! ;) I am pretty sure whatever we name him, he will still be called Hank Frank Bootyshake considering most of our friends here in Oregon are all about "Hank Frank Bootyshake"! ;)
Regular Clothes or Maternity: Leggings most days and I have a pair of H&M Maternity Jeans that I LOVE!
Stretch Marks: Just from my past 2 pregnancies lol. I have been trying to be better this time putting stretch mark cream on this belly!
Aches and Pains: I have had some bad luck this pregnancy with joint back pain on my lower left side. It's a pain I hope and pray goes away after he is born! It hurts to sleep and it hurts to get up from sitting too long. I have found ways to go around the pain (like how I sit and sleep) but sometimes there's nothing I can do. I have had one prenatal massage, which helped, and the masseuse gave me some great pointers on sitting and stretching. I have also stopped working out with weights because it was only making it worse.
Sleep: Sleeping is not the best but I get through the night just fine! I sleep with a pillow behind my back and between my legs. No pregnancy pillow this time!
Fitness: Fitness has been a big part of me and a big motivation to push through during my whole pregnancy. I reached 24 weeks (doing Beachbody's 21 Day Fix) until I realized that weight lifting was just not working with my back. I now occasionally do prenatal yoga and pilates on youtube, hikes with the family, and hoping to get in some more walks on the nice sunny days here! Rain has been a little much these days!!!
Miss Anything: I think we all know my answer...WINE. I miss just relaxing after the kids go to bed and having a glass of wine. I also miss getting up without grunting or in pain lol.
Baby Movement: MY GOODNESS THIS BOY MOVES ALL THE TIME! I love it SO much. It is the coolest thing and I feel so blessed to be able to have this feeling one last time. My favorite is the look on Noah's face when he feels his brother move. His eyes widen and he gets this huge smile on his face. It's so special. Kamryn hasn't quite had the patience to wait it out ;)
Food: This pregnancy I have no food aversions. It is INSANE. My last two pregnancies, I hated everything except fruit, Lucky Charms, and chocolate milk! Eating was such a struggle! THIS pregnancy, I can honestly eat anything that I normally eat. I crave more sweets like chocolate and fruit.
Labor Signs: Nope! Some Braxton Hicks or some kind of tightness!
Belly Button In/Out: Out for sure!
Wedding Rings On or Off: On
Mood: I've been in a pretty decent mood actually...unless my husband disagrees, I'm not sure haha!
Appointments: First off, this is the first baby that we rarely get ultrasounds! I definitely feel lucky that we got so many with Noah and Kam. I wish we had more! Anywho, I start having appointments every 2 weeks now. I can't believe how time has flown by this time around! I just recently failed my 1 hour glucose test (same happened when I was pregnant with Noah). But I passed the 3 hour glucose test so we are good to go! Baby's heartbeat is at 145-150, and everything is measuring out perfectly!
How's the Big Brother: Noah is doing fabulous! He is pretty pumped about being a big brother again. He can't wait to teach him to crawl, walk, jump, and sprint! Noah is now 6.5 and loving Kindergarten. Only 1 month of school left, I can't believe my baby will soon be in 1st grade! He loves his teacher and she loves him. He is officially reading. We are currently loving all the Elephant and Piggie books by Mo Willems. He also enjoys the Dick and Jane books. Noah is currently playing TBall and man is he good! Greg is the assistant coach and Noah loves every second of it! Noah is really starting to grasp the concept of the game. He has a pretty good arm, is hitting with "soft pitch" instead of the tee, and can hit pretty well. Of course Greg is over the moon and is ready to sign him up for the Majors! ;)
How's the Big Sister: Kamryn, our little mommy, could not be more excited to meet her brother. We can see it in her already that she will, without a doubt, be protective and loving. We also can tell she will have her moments of jealousy (which of course most kids go through), but also I can totally see her trying to pick him up and carry him all around. So we will have to keep our eyes open and ready for it. Kam LOVES her dolls and loves to play "mom and dad". We know she will be the best Big Sister and can't wait to see what's to come! Kamryn has been doing well and enjoying school. She only has a couple weeks left! She is making lots of friends through the neighborhood, school, and gymnastics! She's a happy girl around her friends and you can tell by the way she smiles. Gymnastics is one of her favorite things. She's been working on handstands, forward rolls, cartwheels, and different jumps on the trampoline. She also loves going to the Library Storytime on Thursdays with all of her gymnastics buddies. They read a few stories and then do a craft. It's pretty darn cute and FUN!
We, as a family, are all doing pretty well. We have our first camping trip coming up! We are hoping the weather stays nice for us! We are trying to get in camping when we can, as Greg's schedule is going to start getting pretty busy with work and then our little Hank Frank Bootyshake will be here before we know it! We have officially moved the kids into one room and they seem to be enjoying it so far. We made Kamryn's room into the nursery/playroom. We have the crib all set up, just repainted a dresser, and now putting together a framed peg board project for the wall. Pictures may be to follow! So much going on, but that's what we love!
<3 Busick Adventures lives on!!! <3




No comments:
Post a Comment