Saturday, November 25, 2017

Introducing Hunter Gregory Busick!!

Okay Okay, I'm only 4.5 months late on introducing the sweetest, cutest, chubbiest, little cutie on the planet!

So here we have him! Hunter Gregory Busick was born on July 17, 2017 at Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay, Oregon! He weighed in at 6lbs, 14oz and was 19 inches long.

I have to say I was very nervous this time around. I'm not sure if it was the fear of the unknown, the health of the baby, or the fact that if that epidural didn't work, I would not be very happy! All normal worries I guess! I felt so fortunate that my wonderful husband and my mom were there to keep me calm and helping me in whatever I needed! 

We got in the room around 7:30 that morning. My plan with my amazing Midwife was before breaking my water, I get the epidural. Both Noah and Kamryn came within 45 minutes from my water breaking so she agreed that that would be the best thing to do. The epidural was not the easiest to deal with and I was very emotional the whole time. It was the anesthesiologist's first day (in that hospital) so she had a lot of questions about what to do and how this specific hospital works. I was a little tense (so she mentioned and several times told me to relax). I knew she knew what she was doing, but when she messed up the first time, I got nervous, it hurt, and I wanted it to be done. Once all was in, I was good to go! 

Once I was all settled, my Midwife came in and broke my water around 12:30 (I was 5-6cm at that point). After that, I started to get pretty tired, I was in and out of sleep, my epidural was working perfectly! Greg and I were laying on the bed when I started to feel pretty nauseous. It brought back memories of how I remember feeling with Kamryn. I had some water but something just felt like I needed to get the nurse. It was about 2:45pm when the nurse came in and I was correct, I was at 10cm and ready to go! She called my Midwife asap! My Midwife was right across the street at the clinic. She came in, put her purse on the counter, sat on the edge of the bed and Hunter was born at 3:01pm!! It was emotional, it was exciting, happy, easy, thrilling, and I felt proud. I was proud of my husband; he was amazing and even DELIVERED Hunter!! Tears of happiness were flowing! I was so impressed with Greg and how well he did helping out! I'm just so grateful for him and I think the look on my face says it all!
This woman would do anything for her kids and grandchildren and we appreciate it more than anything! Love you mom!

Noah and Kamryn Meeting Hunter was so special. They both were so excited and when they found out Hunter got them each a present, they were over the moon! Noah held him and instantly started singing to him! Kam was all about giving kisses!








Headed home just the next day!
 Home Sweet Home!

We were so so so extremely lucky to have my family with us! My Mom and Dad, Bryan, Jennifer, Caden, Sophie, Meghan, and Tyler! It was honestly a blessing and we had the best time with everyone! My parents rented a house near our house which was perfect for the kids to ride their bikes and it had a gorgeous view of the sunset! Bryan and Jennifer also rented a house out a little further up in the hills and the view was spectacular! My sister and her youngest, Tyler, came to visit for a few days as well. I can't get over how lucky I felt to have all five of us together and our families (we definitely missed Kennedy, Doug, and Gavin!).







Hunter came out without crying, and he pretty much did not cry the first 24 hours. He was laid back from the beginning. And, at 4.5 months, he is still pretty laid back! Noah and Kamryn have adjusted so well with Hunter and they love him so much. They love getting right in his face and making him laugh and smile. These past 4 months have been challenging but I would not take it back for anything. The busy month of soccer in October was super hard lugging all 3 kids around but I adjusted as well and it all worked out! Life is definitely good!! I could not be more grateful that Hunter is THE BEST sleeper!! I am still waiting for it to change. Hopefully it doesn't! ;)

P.S. Hunter's First Thanksgiving was a success!

Hugs and Cheers to more Busick Adventures!!



No comments:

Post a Comment