As per my last post, I felt it was necessary to talk all about my baby boy! A little update on Noah for all you family and friends...A.K.A. my chance to brag about my little booger ;) So hmm..where to start..
Moooommmy, Moooommmmy, Mooooooommy... oh the wonderful words I hear when I wake up in the morning. Noah brightens my day every day and he is so fun to be around. He gets smarter and smarter every day and it blows me away. The things that come out of his mouth, I just can't believe! So what's new with Noah...
Age: 2 years and 5 months old :)
Height: 35 inches
Weight: 28 pounds
Toys: Dump Trucks, Wooden Trains, Play Kitchen (making French Fries with Ketchup, Soup)
Activities: Playing outside with the neighbors, riding bikes, watching the Garbage Truck outside AND on youtube (haha!). Going to the park! Noah has NO fear these days. He is all over the playground; jumping, climbing, and running is what he does ALL day! Gymnastics is also a fun activity we do at least 2 times a week. He is all over that Gym, it's very fun to watch!
Food: Noah is a great "dinner eater". He usually does pretty well. He enjoys breakfast but always has to help make it. Whether it be toast, waffles, or eggs, he MUST help. Lunch time is not his favorite. He has been really into eating bologna and cheese. Yes he's my kid! haha. Fruit and yogurt he enjoys as well. Starting to get into liking bread. I could never make him sandwiches because he never liked biting into bread. I will have to give it a try again. I love PB & J so i'm sure he will eventually ;)
Books: I Am a Garbage Truck, Curious George, Thomas the Train Books, Goodnight Moon, Pajama Time
Potty Training: Not quite potty trained but whenever he is naked he will tell me he has to go to the bathroom. I definitely need to get on it with the training because he is totally ready.
Baby Sister Adjusting: Starting to understand more and more! We went to Costco a couple weeks ago and Noah asked me if Baby Sister could sit next to him in the shopping cart. MELTED MY HEART! He's going to be such a sweet big brother.
Sharing: Sharing is a struggle but of course, he's 2! I'd say he does pretty well, but there are definite times where we have to get down to his level and tell him to share and explain why.
Talking: Noah is a talking machine! I don't think he ever stops talking! I LOVE IT! Especially in the car. He points out every Excavator, Skid Steer, Steam Roller, and Backhoe Loader he can find. Train tracks and "big trucks" are also a hit! Whenever we drive across town, he knows exactly where they are "building a Target". He cracks me up! Whenever we drive up or down a hill, he lets us know that is what we are doing. When we drive daddy out to the Coast Guard Station, he shows us where all the cows are and that they are eating grass. The other day I sneezed and for the first time he said "bless you mommy". I mean really, he's tugging on those heart strings! Lately, to get our attention he has to say our names (daddy/mommy) 3 times before pointing out something. It's pretty adorable ;)
Learning: We are working on our alphabet and have been for a while. I think his favorite is LMNOPQ. We sing every night and he is making progress. Makes me feel like I am doing a good job ;) Counting and Colors are where his stubborness comes out but we are patient. He counts to 4. He knows all the names of the colors but just says them randomly when I ask what color things are. Ha. He'll get there. :)
Songs: Rock a Bye Baby, ABCs, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Row Row Row Your Boat
Nighttime: Bath, Jammies, IPad (watching Garbage Trucks on YouTube) and Milk, Read 2-3 books, Sing 3 songs, Noah climbs (yes climbs) into his crib, put blankets on, and he's out. He's usually very quick to fall asleep! With all that energy from the moment he wakes up in the morning, I am not surprised! BUT he does usually still wake up once in the middle of the night. Greg or I will go in and just tuck him back in and we cross our fingers he goes back to sleep ;)
We've had a few outtings in the past couple weeks that have been pretty fun. We went to the Bay Area Discovery Museum a couple weeks ago and Pump It Up for Noah's friend Logan's birthday party.
Bay Area Discovery Museum
Pump It Up! Why was this the first time I have been here? I am definitely taking advantage of this place from now on! Can't go wrong for $7 for an hour and a half!!
Noah's face says it all!
Oh this lovely cake...it was delicious, but let's just say his butt was stained all day the next day. haha!
Sorry TMI!
If you didn't catch on..it was a superhero party. Noah loved his costume!
I must say, I LOVE this age. We are at that age where we don't need a stroller every time we go somewhere (well for now that is!). That age where Noah points out different things and explains what they do and how they work. LOVE IT! His energy, sense of curiosity, and sense of adventure is beyond what I have ever expected. But to be honest, as much as he can be exhausting, I truly enjoy it. He is so fun to watch. I find myself always smiling when he's running laps around the house, riding his bike outside, screaming so loud because he is excited he could hear the garbage truck around the corner or sees our neighbor from across the street. Hearing his truck noises from the other room as he packs his trains inside his dump truck. He is an active little boy and I love every second of it...well almost ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment