Friday, October 18, 2013

Grandpa Visits!

My dad came to visit us for 10 days and it was just what we needed. It had only been a week since Greg had left and I was already feeling stressed and missing him. I know I said before that I was feeling positive and that this was going to be a great patrol but that kind of changed quickly. I can honestly say I miss Cape May. I miss walking out my backyard to the playground where if you were out there for 10 minutes, someone was bound to come out and chat. It feels quiet around here, and I start to feel bad for Noah. I wish there were more kids out! It's so sad that we have to walk to the next neighborhood, to what he calls "the kids park" to even see a human being! BUT it's only been a few months and the weather is getting cooler so maybe more people will come out ;) The point is, my parents deciding that my dad should come visit was the best thing ever! It was a quick 10 days and we had a great time! 

Started the week off at the Fall Festival. 
"Needle in a haystack" looking for toys :) 
 Painting his Pumpkin!
 Great result!
 LOVED the dunk tank!
 Petting a baby Alligator!!!!
 Hayride!
 Went to the pool...Noah with his Virgin Margarita and Grandpa with his Beer :)
 Hello Gorgeous!
 Walking around Sunset Pier/Mallory Square/Duval Street

 Took my dad on a 5 mile walk this day. hehe. We stopped the Southermost Point
We were closer to Cuba than the nearest Walmart!
 We eventually made it to the beach but not for very long. 
Sand just doesn't work well with babies...in my opinion!
Not sure Kamryn liked the salt water either! 
The water is still pretty warm but not as warm as it was when we first moved here. 
It's very refreshing!
 My dad's last night we went back to Sunset Pier and had dinner and watched the sunset. 
We even got to see a cruise ship leave which was pretty neat.









YUP we live in a beautiful place!! Thanks Dad for visiting we had the best time. I even learned my way around this little island! Greg will be happy about that! ;) You were so helpful and the kids and I had a blast. It was just what we all needed. Now the countdown until we see you in December! Woo!!

Living the lifestyle that we do, you have to do your best to stay positive or you will crumble. I have been given so much advice and most of it is to stay strong, especially for your kids. When you find out the next place you are living, be excited, because if you are excited and happy, your kids will be, too. There is no reason to drag your child down just because you don't like the outcome of something. I am so grateful to have put Noah into school. I feel like he gets his dose of friends and kid play. I had a few rough days before my dad came, but I tried so hard not to show that because kids can sense that kind of thing. Even babies! Kamryn knew her mama was acting weird! ;) This life is for sure an adventure, it's not all sunshine and rainbows but we sure have lived in a couple of beautiful places. I am so grateful for that, but things get tough and that's what life is all about. (cheesy I know!) You live, you learn. I have so much support around me that just a phone call away (or even a knock at the door), can put a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment