Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving in Vienna, VA!

Today Greg went back to work, so back on the blog train! We have had a fabulous week together! Wednesday we started our journey to Vienna, VA where we spent Thanksgiving with Greg's aunt, uncle, and cousins. It's about a 4 hour drive, but with stopping a couple times and traffic, it took us about 5 hours. I must say, the drive is absolutely beautiful, I wish I took pictures! We drove through a lot of country roads filled with gorgeous fall trees. It made me really appreciate the east coast and how beautiful it is here!
For Thanksgiving, we went for a morning walk downtown to a cute little bakery called Cenan's Bakery. It was honestly a taste of home! I got a croissant and it reminded me of my favorite bakery in Petaluma (Bovine Bakery). After that, we went over to Phil's (Greg's uncle) cousin's house. We ate delicious food, played volleyball in the backyard (and later at the park), and enjoyed each other's company. Noah had a blast playing with everyone. Let's just say, Noah does not have one "shy" bone in his body. He is definitely his father's son! He was happy to say hello to everyone and run in circles around the house. I was one proud mama! It was a long day for him (without a nap) and he did amazing. He really did amazing the whole weekend. Greg and I feel lucky how great he ALWAYS is around people.

Morning "Tea Time"...Noah LOVES Tea Time







Friday, Greg's family had everyone over for a day of games and leftovers. The food, once again, was very yummy. We played some volleyball, jumped on the trampoline (which Noah LOVED), and played cards. It was a fun day. That night, Greg's family was nice enough to watch Noah while we went and saw a movie. I honestly can't remember the last time Greg and I went on a date so it was nice to get out. We saw "Flight" which was good, but not what I was expecting haha. I just loved spending some one on one time with my hubby. It was much needed! 




Stressful game of "Oh Heck" :)

The next morning we packed up our things. We decided to drive home a different way and take the ferry to Cape May. It was another gorgeous drive! Although it was a pretty, as Noah would say "bumpy ride", he had a great time on "Daddy's boat". haha. 
Waiting for the ferry...someone needed to burn off some energy!
Driving on the ferry...
 Rough and windy ride! 




Thank you Covell's for having us for Thanksgiving. We had the best time and felt so welcome. We feel so lucky that we have family so close. We love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment