Friday, December 14, 2012

We're Home in Petaluma!

Well!! We survived the flight!

But before I get into the flight...

We started the day with finishing up our house and getting everything out and cleaned. It was a rough night, Noah woke up three times, and Greg and I woke had a rough night sleeping on an air mattress. Noah woke up with a raspy voice and Greg with a cold. You can say we were a little nervous about how the flight might go. We were pretty nervous. All the change that was going on, you could tell it was affecting Noah. He was..lets say..a bit of a mess. ;) But by the time we got to the airport, Noah was all smiles. He just loves airplanes! 

So once we were on the airplane, we found out that there were some problems with the bathrooms so we ended up being delayed for over an hour. That was rough considering there is already so much you can do to entertain a kid for 6 hours let alone adding on another hour! Well anyway, we mainly entertained Noah with food and walking up and down the aisle. He wasn't really in the mood for toys. He was actually pretty tired, but had a hard time falling asleep and only slept for about 30 minutes. All in all, I was just grateful that Greg was with us this time! 
My dad picked us up and Noah was stoked! He ran as fast as he could, even cutting some people off, and right into Grandpa's arms! Always fun to watch :) 
So we made it safe, and the plane ride was just OKAY. lol. Again, I would say nonstop is probably not the best thing to do but at least we get the ride over with and get home faster! ;)

Only a little tired ;)

It still doesn't feel like we have moved back to California. Greg and I feel like we are visiting! But we are settling in nicely and love catching up with family. Yesterday, Cathy watched Noah so we could head over to the Coast Guard Station to get some stuff done. I haven't really seen the base besides the gym where I played basketball in high school. There are a lot more amenities there and I'm looking forward to exploring. I have already been connected to the Facebook page and it sounds like they have a lot of things going on around base. I love that they have play dates in the gym every week, and if I wasn't pregnant, they have FREE exercise classes every day in the gym! Sounds amazing to me! They have a heated pool, small lake, bowling alley (Tuesdays are free), movie theater (Friday showings are free), pizza place, sports bar, coffee shop, library, post office, chapel, bank, hair salon and barber shop, mini mart, exchange, teen center, child care/preschool/pre-k, Subway, and a gas station!   

Hope everyone is well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment