So things have slowed down a bit so I am finally able to catch everyone up! My parents came to visit for 2 weeks just recently. We had a blast! I wish I could have recorded Noah's reaction when he saw them in the airport. He was pretty excited! Always a good feeling to know that even though we live so far away, he still remembers his grandparents.
The first couple days we stayed in Philadelphia at the Omni Hotel down near Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. I have to say, the service at the hotel was amazing. They gave Noah a backpack full of activities and crayons. He was obsessed! Then each night, they brought him milk and cookies before bed. It was great! We spent 2 days in Philly and checked out Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross' house, and we took a Benjamin Franklin walking tour.
The first night, we went out to dinner at Marmont Steakhouse on Market Street which was delicious! Noah, as you can see, was not up for sitting still ;)
Back in Cape May, I showed my parents around the town a little at a time...
We took a walk along the beach...
We went to the Cape May Lighthouse, where they were having an event called Critterfest. Noah, My Dad, and I walked up the 199 steps of the lighthouse. Then checked out all the festivities including pony rides, hay ride, and of course "critters" such as butterflies, turtles, snakes, etc. (not sure if "Critterfest" was a good terminology on this event but whatever! ;) )We walked over to the beach by the Lighthouse and let Noah enjoy the water. I noticed the waves were a lot lighter around here and I didn't have to have a grip on his arm the whole time!
We also drove to Atlantic City and walked the Boardwalk and ate lunch. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe which Noah really enjoyed. We sat right by the Gorillas, and although it may have scared him a little, he got use to it pretty quickly!
(LOVE this picture!)
We also went to the Zoo of course! We have a fabulous Zoo here AND it's free!
This Lion was hilarious. It came out, started roaring at us, turned around, peed out the fence, and went back into his little hut.
NOAH'S BIRTHDAY!!
We surprised Noah by decorating the dining room for when he woke up. I think he loved it... ;)
Can't BELIEVE You're 2!!!
Of course we sang "Happy Birthday" every meal!
He Got a Ton of Presents :)
We also went to the Lima Bean Festival here in Cape May. Cape May use to be very large on growing lima beans. Now locals celebrate and share their very own recipes such as Lima Bean Soup, Lima Bean Chili, Barbecued Limas, etc. They also have vendors selling corn (which was delicious!), lemonade, barbecue, kettle corn, clothes, and other stuff (aka, some junk).
Handsome Boy at the Lima Bean Festival
It was a fabulous 2 weeks with my parents. Noah was obviously in heaven and enjoyed every moment! It was very sad to see them leave! We've missed them so much, so can't wait to go back to California in December!
Thank you Mom and Dad for a wonderful visit! We had so much fun, I can't believe how fast it went! Thank you for all your help :) We love you both so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment