Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hurricane Sandy: We are Safe

Well, we made it to our hotel safe and sound. Got up at 6:15 this morning to put more things upstairs. Noah was just excited to leave. I told him we were going to a hotel and we were going to carve pumpkins and go swimming and he was ready. The drive went very smoothly. We had a 5 car caravan going on and we all made it safely. We didn't hit any traffic either! We got to the hotel around 10:45 and of course our rooms weren't ready so we let the kids run around in one of the ballrooms here. For lunch we went to the McDonalds across the street where they had a big play structure. As much as I am not a fan of those things, because who knows how dirty they are, Noah had a blast and I didn't want to leave because he was so fun to watch. He would go all the way to the top and go down the big swirly slide no problem! He's such a big boy! Finally around 1:30 we were able to get our room. The Bellman who helped was very nice and patient with us. We had a TON of stuff. We are all settled in our room. I unpacked us as if we were staying a while! It's a perfect room for us with a nice little spot to play.
 Car Packed and Ready...It was pretty windy, that's what that face is ;) 
 Noah's Room with ALL his toys and the dinner chairs haha. 
At least part of our dining set won't get ruined :-/
Car all Packed up! I wishhhhh I took a photo of the Bellman rolling our stuff up. 
The cart was PACKED! LOL. Over packer over here! ;)
The only photo I took with my phone.

 Our Room. This will be the last Noah will sleep in a hotel crib. He just barely fits! But he's fast asleep now so doing well! Our room is perfect. A view of the parking lot, so I can watch my car and hope it doesn't get destroyed lol. Great spot to play with toys. Refrigerator for milk...and pickles :) King size comfy bed, and so on!
 Talking to Daddy, saying Goodnight!

Here's a video taken this morning at 8:30am on Beach Avenue (a mile from our house, by the beach). Hadn't even started raining yet. So sad and scary. 


This photo was put on facebook. It's just down the street from our house.

And an UPDATE....
(Click to View Larger)


As of now, we have been informed that there has been no damage to Coast Guard Housing. 
Lets just keep praying that it stays that way.

Thank you again for all your prayers, messages, calls, texts, etc. 
Noah and I are doing just fine. The fear of not knowing how our house really is is tiring, stressful, and scary. But the fact that Greg is doing well, we are safe and Noah is happy as a clam is all that matters.
We have to keep reminding ourselves that they are just things which we can replace, but you can't replace Noah and Melissa, so we are happy that we are in a nice hotel with supportive friends, safe and sound!



GO GIANTS!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment