So again, how am I doing? I have a lot of emotions going on right now. Mainly they are negative. I am mainly sad because the hurricane is going to hit Cape May dead on which means we are going to be getting about 8 feet of rain. This means...housing will be flooded. I am sad because I have a little furniture that means a lot to me in this house, and if it's ruined I will honestly be devastated. We have a lot of nice furniture given to us by Greg's grandparents. Our couches (although I do hate the color) are only 2 years old. I worry about our TV, because it's awesome lol. But obviously I'm not "capable" of carrying it up the stairs. It is on a stand so hopefully it will be okay. I know we have renters insurance and that's what everyone keeps saying that it's fine, but that means going through the insurance company and dealing with them which could take forever! I just want all our stuff to be okay. I know I am jumping the gun here and housing may not flood but ahhh! I'm frustrated that I had to throw all my food away in my refrigerator because our electricity will be turned off tomorrow. Although I did take photos for insurance purposes. We are moving in December and I obviously don't want to buy all over again! And last but certainly not least, I'm feeling lonely without Greg here. I have great support here and a lot of people want to help, but it's not the same. The support from a husband is so comforting. I can handle carrying everything upstairs, helping Noah around the house, packing up the house, but just having Greg here would make things a whole lot easier (sorry babe!). But he is doing well, and obviously concerned for us. I feel lucky that we get to talk to him every day after work. It's so nice that he is back in the states!!
On a positive note, we are leaving tomorrow morning for Mt. Laurel (near Philadelphia). I feel extremely lucky to have so many friends who stick together. Our rooms are hopefully going to be all near each other and it should be a great time. There is an indoor pool for the kids, we are all bringing lots of food, and Tuesday night we are hoping to throw the kids a little Halloween party. I am bringing our pumpkins because Noah and I haven't carved ours yet. I honestly think it is going to be a great time! The weather in the Philadelphia area is suppose to be "Tropical Storm" weather so we are all hoping our cars end up okay!!
So here is what our wonderful friend Sandy is up to as of now until next week. Meteorologists seem to still be guessing the exact route of Sandy but this is what they have for now. (Click to view larger)
I've started to pack the car already, but here is "couple" other things I have set to go.
I probably over-packed but I would rather over-pack than not.
A box and bag of food. There is suppose to be power outages so I had to pack canned foods, water, snacks, flashlight, blankets, etc)
Our closet is filling up with stuff from downstairs.
We had a lot of our wedding glassware and gifts in boxes in our pantry so those are all stacked to the left. Good thing for a big closet! ;)
Suitcases and box of important paperwork that we don't want to lose ;)
I had to put the BOB upstairs because I would die if something happened to it! HAHA!
Some of Noah's toys have been moved upstairs, the rest will tomorrow. Our dinner chairs will also be moved upstairs tomorrow. But wow, looking at our house without toys, it's so boring! haha!
Thank you for all your prayers, messages, comments, texts, phone calls, etc!!
I will do my best to update how we are doing.
They do have free WiFi at the hotel!
GO GIANTS!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment