Sunday, March 4, 2012

12 Days to Go!

Greg had On-Base Liberty yesterday! On-Base Liberty is basically a reward for all their accomplishments where they are able to call home, go to the movies (on base), eat somewhere other than the chow hall, and just hang out with other recruits. Anywho, Greg called while Noah and I were in Tahoe with Greg's family. We talked for about 45 minutes and then later on he called again for another 45 minutes! He sounds great and was lucky enough to talk to everyone else! Hmm where to begin. I have good and bad news.

The good news is that it looks like Noah and I won't be moving to New Jersey until the first week in May. The BAD news is that Greg will be heading out on March 22nd. He does not know how long he will be gone, but probably between 4 and 6 weeks. I could not be more upset to be honest. He will be home from Graduation on Saturday the 17th at night, and will most likely leave Tuesday evening. He has to report to port by 7:30am on Thursday but will have to get his uniform and some other stuff done on Wednesday. We plan to get our things shipped out on that Monday from our storage. Then once it arrives in Cape May, they will put it in temporary storage until Greg gets back. We will likely be moving into on-base housing which I am pretty excited about. It is a great way to meet people and I know I will feel safe when Greg is gone.
I miss him so much, and can't imagine 6 MORE WEEKS without him! Ugh. But I will stay strong and I know everything will be okay. This is the life we are choosing, so why not start straight out of boot camp right?? Greg is happy to get out on the boat right away because he won't have that awkward "new guy" feeling around base but bummed because he misses us. Since he is new, when he is out on the boat, he will likely be trained during the first week where once he passes, he will become...for lack of the right word..."certified". He is motivated to work hard and look good right off the bat so he can move on and hopefully get into A-School asap (which probably won't be for at least a year).

Update on Foxtrot 186:
The company "earned their colors" last week. Getting your colors is a huge honor. They start off by getting just a pole that they carry with them wherever they go; on runs, hike, pool, wherever they go as a company the pole goes with them. As they achieve certain qualifications, or perform required tasks as a company, they are awarded "flags", which are actually ribbons, that designate their accomplishments. For example, one company may score higher on the shooting test in which that company would be awarded a ribbon for their pole. Their Company Commander told them out of the 19 companies he has instructed, he has never given colors this early. Such an honor, and I am so proud!
Greg's job with the company is to hold the Foxtrot Flag. A couple Facebook sites posted pictures and videos of their first Off Base Run. They haven't been able to do an Off-Base Run because it has been so cold.

This Week:
Finals Week. They are done with classes and tests all week. Once the tests are done, it will just be prepping for graduation. Which is in 12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!




I wish I could post the video on here but I don't know how. So check out my Facebook :)
Pretty Proud of My Hubby!

I showed Noah some of these photos and he was all smiles...and kisses <3


No comments:

Post a Comment