I know what you're thinking...awwww!! Right? Okay maybe just me? Greg was up and at'em at 5:45 this morning getting ready for work. He had to dress up this morning to get some paperwork done. He was back by around 9am and didn't have to go back until 11. We were able to go out and get a few things done around base and around the house. Last night, we got home around 11:30pm, so we put Noah right to bed. This morning, I ended up waking Noah up at 8:30am so we could get him use to the time change right away. Remember when I said he didn't cry at all yesterday? Well today he made up for that! We went grocery shopping after Greg went back to work, and the poor little guy cried MOST of the time we were in there, AND probably the whole ride there! He was so exhausted. He fell asleep in the car on the way home and then refused to go back to sleep when we got there. The time change is definitely going to take a while. Same thing happened tonight! I put him down at 8 but he wasn't ready to go to sleep, even though he was exhausted. I finally got him down around 9 or so.
I'd say today was a little hectic. I still have this all set in my mind that I am just on vacation, so I think adjusting is going to take a little bit longer than I thought. Our temporary home is very quaint. It's 2 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom, with a living room and kitchen. I feel pretty comfortable here but since it's not "my" home, it needs a deep cleaning before I can really get comfortable. The neat thing is when we look out our kitchen window into our "backyard", we have a nice big park area. I swear, Noah is in heaven! It's a park all to himself! Temporary housing consists of 6 little homes (2 each attached) and I have only seen a couple of people. Tonight we went to the only restaurant on base. There were a ton of kids, so Noah was able to run around in the game area. We were told that Friday nights are "Family Night" so we are probably going to go check it out tomorrow, too. I met one wife who's husband is a Company Commander...I think. She is very friendly and gave me her number if I have any questions or need anything. I can tell there is a lot of support here and temporary housing is pretty secluded from everything, so I am anxious to get moving into our house. It's looking like April or May, but likely April. "Where am I mom?"
"Why did you wake me up again?"
Panoramic View of our Backyard :)
(If you click the picture you can see better)
(If you click the picture you can see better)
No comments:
Post a Comment