The next morning, I went to a breakfast for all the Coast Guard families at the USCG Station. I met up with a friend (Alex) I met on Facebook and ate with her and her fiance's family. We also sat with 2 men in uniform, who turned out to be an Admiral and a Master Chief, which I found out AFTER the graduation!! Admiral Kenny ended up making a speech during the graduation in which I realized he was "kind of" a big deal! I was so glad I gave up my seat for him at breakfast! We had great conversation at breakfast, so I feel comfortable enough to say that I still made Greg look good! hehe.
Here is Greg, Admiral Kenny, and I after Graduation
After the breakfast, we went over to the Auditorium where I was able to talk to a few spouses who live in Cape May and also the Representative for Tricare (Health Insurance). We watched the Just 8 Weeks video I showed you HERE and then heard couple speeches from Captain Kelly and Commander Gibbons. They then told us that as we walk over to the gym (where they are graduating), the recruits would be marching over, so we will be able to take pictures. Alex and I ended up sprinting (in heels) after the recruits as they were marching over. We learned what it was like to be the paparazzi! We definitely caught Greg's attention when we ran over there because we almost ran right in front of them! At least Greg knew I was there!
I could not be more proud of Greg. The whole 8 weeks, Greg was in charge of the flag, also known as a "Guidon". He was so fun to watch and extremely easy to spot!
Alex and I, patiently waiting to see our boys! We were so excited and antsy!!
SO Happy!
Greg and his bunk mate Brysen (Alex's Fiance)
So Proud!!!!!!!
After graduation, we got some work done with health care and my ID card, then went to lunch and walked around the town. The victorian homes are gorgeous as well as the beaches. I can't imagine how busy this town gets in the spring and summer! The night of graduation, we went to dinner with Alex, Brysen, and Brysen's Family. We had a great time! I wish they were stationed in Cape May!
On Saturday morning, we were off to the airport bright and early! Greg and I had separate flights but I was lucky enough to get on his flight from Chicago to San Francisco. As the worst liar in the world, I succeeded beyond anyone's beliefs! I told Greg that I drove to the airport and that we will see Noah when we get back to Greg's parents house. Wellll, Cathy (my wonderful MIL) dropped me off at the airport and my amazing parents picked us up with Noah. Greg was so surprised when he saw Noah. He could not be happier. Noah was so fun to watch. He ran straight to Greg with his mouth wide open.
So HAPPY to see Daddy
Always a Helper
We got home and Jen, Ryan, and Netti had just pulled up to surprise Greg! He was pretty stoked to see them, especially his new niece Nettie! He also got to see his new nephew, Charlie, and of course, Jack!
Some More Videos from the Graduation
Last but certainly not least, I wanted to make a shout out to Greg's Company Commander, Petty Officer Williams. In the last week of boot camp, he googled "Foxtrot-186", and my blog showed up. By the end of the week, the rest of the company found out about "Busick Adventures" and we have become pretty popular. Petty Officer Williams, I am sorry my music is not up to par, but hopefully my "shout out" to you will make up for my "sucky" choices. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment