Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Good Day :)

I talked to Greg today for a little over an hour! He sounds great! Today was Off-Base Liberty; they let them out of the gates around 10am their time and had to return by 9pm. They had cabs waiting for them where they were driven to the nearest Walmart to pick up some prepaid cell phones. Greg is pretty glad to be almost done, as all of them are! When being sent out, they must stay with at least one other person, they are not allowed to go by themselves. So Greg spent the day with his bunkmate and another buddy. They were all looking forward to some delicious food, soda, and just relaxing. For dinner, apparently, they had some delicious prime rib. Unfortunately I don't really know exactly what they did today because he called me this morning and then told me he would call later. He called, but just to tell me he had to go because they were heading back. :( Oh well, I am excited I get to see him in a few more days and at least I got to talk to him this morning and little bit on Facebook messaging. He paid $12 to use a computer and was able to check his facebook, bank account, and my blog for the first time. :) I was so glad he was able to read it! He LOVED it, so I am glad I could make him happy.
As for a boot camp update, yesterday they were able to sit down (as regular people, lol) and just ask their instructors questions. The recruits asked if they were as bad as the instructors said they were; the instructors said they were pretty bad but not as bad. The instructors did feel it was going to be a LONG 7 weeks! Haha. After week 4, they couldn't believe how much the recruits had improved. They didn't even know if they had a purpose to yell. I don't know if the instructors were just trying to get their confidence rolling or what, but they said that Foxtrot-186 was one of the best groups they have ever had. Greg passed his final! They didn't tell him the grade but you have to get over an 80%. Since he has left, he has lost at least 10lbs! It's crazy how hard they work to lose all that weight. I bet he is so strong. In the pictures I have seen, he definitely looks skinnier.
Next Monday, the movers are coming and we will be shipping ALL of our stuff and will be putting it in temporary storage. It sounds like we will be getting into on-base housing around April 20th. Greg will be living in temporary housing while he is over there. There is a possibility he will not be getting shipped out because the Vigorous will be just getting back. It is not for sure (just like everything else!) so we will see! Noah and I will not be moving out there until the first week of May and then we will be back for my sister's wedding in June.

Talking to Greg today felt so good! He was even able to talk to Noah a little bit. Noah took the phone and walked around the house saying "hello" with a few chuckles here and there. Greg was loving it, and I could hear him laughing too! I wish I took a picture! Afterwards, my dad, Noah, and I went over to Leghorn Park to watch our little neighbor play softball. Noah was pretty cute sitting and watching the game. Of course he didn't last long, and went over and played at the park with our neighbor. :)

Tonight, we had some fun reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment