Friday, March 30, 2012

Noah's First Beach Trip!


Late last night, Greg found out that he didn't have to work today. I was soo excited!! We could finally explore the town as a family! We spent the morning just hanging out and relaxing; drinking our coffee/tea and playing with Noah. I was even lucky enough to take a shower and get ready while Greg and Noah played in the park. It was AMAZING!
After that, we took a walk over to the Housing Office to find out when our house would be ready. They told us April 9th we could "probably" move in! Yess! At least we have some kind of date. We are so excited! We drove by the house and it is one of the furthest from the gates, but looks pretty nice. We aren't sure if it is a 2 bedroom or a 3 bedroom. We drove by tonight and saw people working on it. We ended up driving back later on, hoping to go in and take a peek, but they were gone. Maybe tomorrow? ;)
ANYWAYS, we took a drive to Wildwood (about 10-15 minutes from Cape May), hoping Noah would get a nap in while we explored a bit. We were pretty shocked by the town. It was not what we were expecting, and, well, was a little less appealing than we thought it was going to be. They had the boardwalk with rides and a water park which looks like it would be fun to take Noah, but everything else was..eh. Because it is off season, the town was pretty dead, so maybe it will be more appealing next time! I definitely want to go there when it is busy and everything is open. The beaches are beautiful!
THEN, we went back to Cape May and took a walk down Washington Street, which is actually called the Washington Street Mall. It's a few blocks full of independent shops and restaurants. Yesterday Noah and I walked around there and everyone was so nice. I am so glad we are able to walk around the town before the big crowds/tourists get here. I really feel like we moved in at a great time. Then again, I am very excited for everything to open up!
We stopped at this cute little store called "Dellas 5 and 10". The store has a ton of old knick knacks and in the back they have a 1950's style food counter/soda fountain. Yesterday Noah and I got a milkshake and today we got a kite to fly at the beach.
SO, onto the reasoning of this blog! Noah's first beach trip! Noah acted as if he had been there before. Haha. He did have a little taste of the sand, and probably chewed on it for a little bit. ;)

 Rain was coming! :)


 It's been pretty windy that past few days, but today was not...we struggled a bit with flying the kite!

When we got home, I made Pepperoni Ziti Casserole for dinner. We had a nice day together!
Greg and Noah being silly =P

Tomorrow is the Spring Carnival/Easter Egg Hunt in the gym on base tomorrow morning. Greg has duty but we are hoping he can get a break to come watch Noah hunt for eggs and meet the Easter Bunny. 



1 comment:

  1. I love that he is eating sand..haha! I'm glad you guys are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete