Thursday, March 22, 2012

We're Here!

From Cape May, HELLO EVERYONE! We are settled in our "Temporary Home" and doing well!

Just an update from this past week.
Sunday, we started the day off with my sister's bridal shower. Great company, delicious food and drinks, and being with my sister; it was all around a great party! After that, Greg, Noah, and I had a "little" going away party which it turned out pretty spectacular. It was definitely bittersweet for me. I had a great time talking to everyone but when they left, I had a few breakdowns! ;) I miss everyone already, but I am so glad I was able to talk to every single person!






Monday, the movers went to our storage unit and home in Petaluma to pack up all our things. We were definitely surprised at how much stuff we really had! They were in Petaluma from 10am to 6pm! So it was a long day! Thankfully, we had Greg's whole fam to watch Noah while we got everything done!


 
Tuesday, we went to my work and said our goodbyes. It was pretty sad, but it's a good feeling to see how much everyone cares about me over there. After that we got our taxes done (woohoo!), and packed up the rest of our things. That night, we went over to the in laws for dinner. Greg ended up staying the night because his dad was taking him to the airport at 5am. I got home that night and had a nice visit from Jamie and her newest boy, Kellen.

Wednesday, my parents took Noah and I to the airport. Boy was that a tough good bye! But I must say, that was the hardest part of the whole day. Noah was absolutely fantastic on both planes! I could not be more proud of him. On the way to Denver, he slept for about an hour of the 2.5 hour flight. When we got to Denver, we were lucky enough to see my soon-to-be brother-in-law, Doug. He was working and met us at the gate for a little bit until our next flight. It was great to catch up. Wish we could have talked more but with Noah running all around the airport, and our next flight, we only had about 20 minutes. Better than nothing! On the flight to Philadelphia, we were lucky enough to get an upgrade. We had a ton of leg room! Noah stayed awake for at least an hour and a half and played, ate, and talked to the people next to us. (We had a middle seat, eek!). We were so lucky that we sat next to great people on both flights. On the way to Philly, the woman next us (window seat) ended up holding Noah as we landed. She was very sweet and mighty helpful!

1 comment:

  1. AW that picture made me cry! I love you! So glad your flights went well. Noah will be adjusted to the time before you know it, kids are so resilient! So happy you are getting all settled in, love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete