I got a letter on Wednesday instead of Thursday!! It was even on the blank paper I sent back with the prewritten envelope! Haha! I was so so excited! It was a page and a half! Greg sounds better. He said physically he is doing well, but mentally it's pretty hard. They take 3-4 classes a day and are expected to know everything by the end of that day. They get yelled at all the time and told how dumb and crappy (different word used) they are ;). I think it's starting to wear on him but I can tell he's hanging in there, and he says it's getting better and time is flying by. He misses us a lot but the letters he has been getting from everyone has kept him going. They remind him everyday of why he is doing this and who he is doing it for. He said the food is good, except for the eggs. Their company has lost about 11 people (meaning they have been discharged or will graduate later than the rest). It snowed for the first time on Sunday and it's been pretty cold. He said he's been staying out of "most trouble"..hmm wonder what that means??
I am so happy to be a part of the Foxtrot facebook page. Greg told me not to write on it because it may get back to his Company Commanders and could use it against him. BUT, the people on the page don't know that so they keep writing about their Coastie's and how they are doing. So let me update you!
One person said this about her son's letter: They have started their seamanship class and are learning how to tie knots, nautical terms, and manning the helm using a "way cool" simulator. He listed the CCs by name and said one "absolutely hates us and just kicks our butts constantly." He said another one is really funny and tells them to march like "bad ass robots". One night this chief made a kid do pine cone watch. The kid had to guard a pine cone during chow! He said, "We all cracked up at that (on the inside of course)!" He said ten or 11 have been reverted. "Some deserved it, but others I feel were doing fine and just got a bad rap fast." He said the food is good - two or three entrees and a bunch of sides at every meal. He said they can only have one cup of coffee in the morning, "which sucks because we are so tired." Sounds like they go to bed at about 10 and get up at 5:30.
I haven't seen any journal updates lately on the Coast Guard website. They are suppose to be posted every week but sometimes they just don't have time. I am starting to think that when Greg said they get in trouble all the time, they really do and the person that writes these journals has been in trouble, sent home, or reverted. I'm excited to hear that one of the ladies on the Facebook page lives close to the base and on Sunday is going to take some pictures when the recruits are on their off base run.
Have a nice weekend!
28 Days to Go (ahh seems so long!)
Should be getting a phone call on where we are living between the 24th and 27th! I'm hoping since our last name starts with a "B", he will be able to call on that Friday or Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment