Got a letter today! A day late due to President's Day, I could not be more happy to get one. I was hoping it was going to say where we were going to live but that's okay! ;)
Things are going well, as usual. It is still mentally a challenge for everyone. Everyday they have to memorize 3 different people's names and their rank, a definition, a knot, a flag, and the sunset (not sure what that is) and they are not allowed to write it down. They are just expected to know it. They also have to know their 11 orders, CG song, Article 6, and their entire Chain of Command. I can only imagine the stress they are all under.
He mentioned who his bunk mate is and how he wants us all to get a beer after graduation with our families. He mentioned a few other buddies he hangs out with too. Unfortunately, I don't recognize any names from the Facebook page.
Greg turned in his Dream Sheet this week asking for Southern California and Oregon/Washington. Dream sheets are made by Districts so California would be 1 district and Oregon/Washington is another district. He asked for a Patrol Boat; they go out anywhere from a couple days to two weeks. We will see any day now!! Right at this moment, he already knows where we are living. It's driving me crazy! I can't wait to hear from him. I literally sit here with so much anxiety. I feel sick to my stomach! I need Noah to wake up to keep my mind busy!
Here is the day in the life of Greg :)
Wake up at 5:30, get a little exercise in, make bed, shave, brush teeth, change into uniform. By then it is about 6:15. Go to breakfast, go to a class or whatever is on the schedule, lunch around noon, then training until dinner (5-6pm), then get yelled at :). Around 8pm, things start to wind down, 10pm is bedtime, and at some point he pulls back an hour and a half of Guard Watch.
They are all super exhausted. He does have a cold (apparently everyone else) also called the "Crud". As of Sunday, he had only received 12 of my letters (out of 22).
On the positive side of all his hard work, he got a 98% on his last midterm. I'm so proud of him. I know he is so determined and works so hard to stay focused.
21 More Days!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment