Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursdays=My New Favorite Day

As you read in last Thursday's blog, Greg sent me a blank letter, and boy was I bummed. WELL, this Thursday I got a nice long letter from him! I can honestly say I was nervous to open the envelope thinking this could be another blank one. As I braced myself for the worst, I opened the envelope and I could see ink!! Ah I was so excited!
He apologized for the blank letter saying that he has not had anytime to do anything and they were forced to write 2 letters. Unfortunately he had so many other things to do, he just didn't have time. Of course I have questions going through my head (why not just an "I'm ok" or a simple "xoxo"?) But oh well, he said he barely even had time to write this letter.
He said he has received 2 of my letters and 1 from my mom. Crazy because I have sent him 8 total! Talk about "snail" mail!! I heard on the Foxtrot Facebook page the people sending letters from the south have not even been received by the recruits.
Sad news is that Greg mentioned his company (Foxtrot) isn't very good. They are always getting yelled at and called the "worst company in the history". He doesn't think they are the worst, but definitely not good. Someone on the Facebook page mentioned that there were a lot of "punks" in the company. I feel so bad for him because he has been through this before and now it's like starting over. When he was in the army he was 19, but now being 27, it's like dealing with kids. No offense. I am sure he is learning to be very patient!
Greg mentioned to me to let people know NOT to send him newpaper clippings. I'm guessing something happened with someone else over there but I don't know.
And last but not least, he tells everyone HI!! This was the only letter he has sent so far. Hopefully by week 4 he will feel a little more settled and able to use his time wisely. I know this is all a learning experience and takes some time. I am sure he is pretty overwhelmed.

11ish MORE DAYS UNTIL A PHONE CALL! AND WE FIND OUT WHERE WE LIVE!

35 Days Until Graduation!!

Here it is!! Never thought I would be so excited to see a letter! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment