Well it's week 4 and today they were supposed to start their Sunday off-base run but apparently it was too cold. There was a windchill of 9 degrees! Brrr! This week they will be filling out their Assignment Data Card (ADC) a.k.a. Dream Sheet!! They will be requesting a first assignment by geographic location first, then type of unit (i.e. Cutter, Small Boat Station, Patrol Boat, etc.). This tells the Coast Guard wherethey would like to serve. The Coast Guard will assign them to a ship or shoreunit depending on the needs of the Service, but they will attempt to match that need with their preferences. The Coast Guard has a priority to fill certain billets as follows: Operational Afloat, Operational Ashore, Operations Support, and finally General Support. Therefore, the majority of all recruits find their first duty is operational.
My fingers are crossed for another letter on Thursday!
Just found out my Sister-in-Law is in labor! I am so so excited for her! I wish I could call Greg and tell him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment